Students With Cars

Jennifer Belmontes and Hazel Soto

Not all people have the same privileges as others, some people struggle more than others when it comes to getting themselves to school. Some of the students need to walk to school, take the bus, their parents bring them, but also there are some students that are fortunate enough to have their own car. These students got their car in different ways, but technically they all worked for it in some type of way. Besides owning a car they all also have another thing in common which is that their least favorite part about owning a car is that they all need to spend their money on gas, but they like it since they can go to all the places they desire to go.

Justin Diaz, 12, has been with his car since the beginning of high school, getting it his freshman year.

“I have this car since the second semester of my freshman year,” Diaz said. 

Diaz said that in order to have his car, he had to meet the standards that his parents gave him and he accomplished them.

Darien Rodriguez, 12, states that the only thing he doesn’t like about having a car is that he needs to spend his money in gas which can get really pricey. 

What I don’t like about having a car is that i have to put gas, that’s why I would trade it for a Tesla because they don’t use gas,” Rodriguez said. 

Rodriguez favorite thing about having a car is that he can go to all the places he wants whenever he wants. 

Andrew Gallardo, 12, says that he had to work for his car. 

Gallardo said that he wouldn’t trade his car since he likes Hondas and it’s an old car.

Joel Cano

What I like about my car is that I get to go to places that I want whatever time I want, and what I dislike is that you have to put gas in it and that’s a lot of money spent on just pure gas. It was a gift from my mom and my dad, they told me that they wouldn’t be able to buy me a car but they were gifting me a truck they had back in the day for me to restore, I got it since sophomore year. I wouldn’t trade it for anything because it has a lot of sentimental value to me since it was a gift from my parents and me and my dad were able to build it together.”

Roger Martinez

I like it because you can get wherever you need to go and like it’s just something very useful to have that helps you a lot, but what I dislike is that it can be expensive sometimes. I bought myself, I’m a mechanic so I worked for a while and then I bought it., I’ve had for about two good weeks. Probably in the future I’m going to get bored of it so I’m going to get another one because I like to change cars a lot, just to get a feeling for different cars. I would like to own a 2016 Chevy Silverado.”

Kimberly Robledo

I was admiring it because I like the color, it’s unique and a lot of people think is weird but I feel like weird is better than being normal like the rest. I dislike having a car because I have to take my mom everywhere because she doesn’t want to drive anymore, so it’s just me driving around and sometimes I get tired of driving, but what I like is that it’s easy to go to places and it’s not hard to transport myself. I got my car very unexpected, my mom texted me and she sent a picture of two cars and she just told me which one I liked and she got it. I never asked for it so it was really unexpected and awkward.”

Carlos Varela

I like that I don’t get to walk anywhere, it gets me to a place whenever I need to, but what I don’t like is that I have to be putting gas and wasting my money very often. I got this car with the help of my brother, I had since like two months ago. I would trade it if I had the chance because I prefer trucks over cars, I would change it for a Ford Raptor, but that’s impossible.”

Emily Badillo

I like it because I feel like I’m more independent now, and what I dislike is the traffic that accumulates sometimes. I got this car through my mom, she bought it for me for my 18th birthday, October 8th. If I had the chance to trade it, I wouldn’t, my preference in cars are small and unique and this one fits perfectly.”

Derek Aguirre

I like to have a car to provide transportation for myself, but I don’t  to have a car because of money, it’s a lot of dollars spent on just gas and it gets annoying. I started working when I was a junior and just saved up for a car, I got it towards the end of junior year. I wouldn’t trade it for anything, I’m happy with what I have right now.”

Luis Terrazas

Something that I like about having a car is that I can drive it around the city and basically go anywhere I want, but what I do not like is having to put gas on it leaves me with little money. I had work for it, I had to put half and my dad would put the other half to buy the truck, I’ve had it since a year and a half now. If I had the chance to trade it for another car I would, one of my favorite cars is a and  350z I would much rather like to have that.”