What Did Students Do Over The Winter Break?

Martin Robledo, Writers

Erick Moreno

‘Over the break, majority of the time I spent time at my grandmas house. I really got nothing special for Christmas, just clothes and a pair of shoes. I went out of town with my family to spend time with my grandma. We usually eat the same thing every year, tamales and turkey, a classic. Being with my grandma and everyone else was really meaningful to me, I haven’t seen them in a very long time.’

Marcos Torres

‘My family and I just spent time together all break, almost like everyone else. I got nothing for Christmas, I really don’t feel the need to get something, it doesn’t matter to me. We had a lot of options to feed ourselves thanks to my mom, we had tamales, posole, menudo, and turkey. The best part is that we all ate like crazy, I really had a great time.’

Murad Calderon

‘I spent quality time with my family, the normal thing to do. For Christmas, I got a lot of video games becauseI spend quite a lot of time on my console. I didn’t go out of town, I stayed home with all my family. We ate what my mom makes every year, turkey and ham. Spending time with everyone of my family will forever be the most memorable moment in my life.’

Ethan Chavez

‘Spending time with my family was majority of my break, like every year. I don’t really ask for anything on Christmas, but I got 50$ and some socks. I spent some time in Juarez and as well some time here in El Paso, with my family members. We normally eat the same thing every year, tamales and clado, which I am pretty sure almost everyone else eats the same thing. The good part about the break is that I get to stay up late as well as spend time with my family.’

John Candelaria

‘I stayed home all break with my family, we didn’t go out. I got something really cool for Christmas to be honest, I got some AirPods and a brand new phone. I didn’t go out of town nor anywhere else, my family and I just stayed home locked inside. We had the same thing we have every year, the ham my dad makes. The most memorable thing was waking up to my gifts.’