Drawing your own Future

Litzy Bravo, Staff Writer

Stephanie Berumen is an artist and a bright student that is graduating this year in the top ten. Berumen has worked relentlessly to keep her position in the top ten after finding out she had the highest GPA in her class.

“My thoughts about being in the top ten are that I think that it is great even though I know I could have done better.  Right now my rank is No. 12 , but I would like to be No. 10 or higher. However, I  still feel happy about graduating in white, making my family proud,” Berumen said.

Although Berumen makes it look effortless she has been struggling with the stress that comes with her involvement of being in AP and dual credit classes.

“Stress affects me by interrupting my sleep, which leads to not being able to concentrate in school. Also, stress makes me think too much and feel insecure about the things I do,” Berumen said.

Even though, Berumen does not have time for herself she makes the most of the time she gets by drawing.

“What I most like about drawing is how I can try to express an idea or image from my head. I am not a great artist, so I enjoy how I have to figure out the best way to achieve what I have on my mind. By the way, now I am drawing portraits of my family and friends; I believe is beautiful how they love their drawings even if I don’t think the artworks are so good,” Berumen said.

Berumen is sure that she wants to continue with her education in the future and wants to attend college on her UTEP scholarship.

“My future plans are attending college at UTEP and getting a bachelor’s degree in biology. I hope to be able to manage my time for college, family, friends, work and hobbies. I plan to work after my degree and then go back to study something else,” Berumen said.