Growler

Living Life on the Edge

Back to Article
Back to Article

Living Life on the Edge

Ruben Molina and Antonio Guerrero

Daniel Flores, 10, is an outstanding basketball player, and member of the bar bro crew outside of school. He is a very smart and brave teenager, looking for a good future in basketball more than anything else.
Flores said he got into basketball because he loves the sport and he started playing it since he was 8 years old.
“First I love the sport, and been playing it since I was 8 years old,” Flores said.
Flores is part of the bar brother crew. They basically do gymnastics in parks or anywhere that he finds a good place to hang on or make a handstand.
“It wasn’t much as a motivation but I got started when I was in probation,” Flores said.
Most of the young high school athletes have the goal of making it professional in one sport. Flores goal is to make it to a professional basketball team.
“My goal for my future is to play professional basketball,” Flores said.
Most of the time these athletes don’t accomplish their goals and they need to find a plan b. But for Flores, there’s no plan b.
“In my opinion, nothing would be an alternative because I will accomplish my goal and I don’t see anything else,’’ Flores said.
Sometimes athletes have to leave their passion because of an injury, Flores said in this situation he would have the support of his friends and brothers.
“My biggest motivation in this situation would be my friends and brothers,” Flores said.
Coach Martinez,the basketball coach, has a high standard of Flores in his basketball team. Coach Martinez said Flores is a good kid, good point guard, and knows the game really well.
“Daniel Florez is a good kid, he is a very good point guard he knows the game, ”Coach Martinez said.
In coach Martinez eyes Daniel has a very bright future in basketball but he needs to get a little better in some things.
“see I very bright future for him but what I say he needs to get stronger,” Coach Martinez said.
A friend of Flores Cristian Parra also has good things to say about his friend.
For a Parra, Flores is a really good friend and has a good future in basketball and in life.
“Flores is a good friend, even though sometimes we argue a little,” Parra said.
In Christian’s eyes, Flores has a good future ahead of him, as a basketball player.
“I think he has a good future because he has handles and everything, he is a good kid, he helps out his teammates, he’s responsible in school, and in the team also,” Parra said.