Jair Reyes

Jair+Reyes

Rachel Paz, Writer

Story

Jair Reyes, is a charismatic baseball player here in Bowie. He had many struggles and issues during his path through high school, but now he is successfully graduating as part of 2019 generation. Jair said that it brings a lot of nostalgia to leave Bowie after four whole meaningful years.Sadly, Jair couldn’t play baseball with the team for health issues, yet he received a lot of support from everybody through this year. Nevertheless, Jair played for once at the Baseball District Game vs Chapin High School, achieving to be district champs for the third year in a row. Maybe he didn’t play the whole season, but he was part of a victory that would leave a legacy in Bowie.After high school, Jair has a lot of plans about to come. “I already have a lot of games coming after school, I’m also going to travel to Colombia, and also I’m going to Panama on October, yet I was planning to go to college on August, then I would leave school for a year to focus in sports, and see if all works finely,” Reyes said.High School had taught him a lot of things through these four years. Bowie is a place to grow in your education knowledge, but also a place where you can grow in your life knowledge. “When I was freshman I was really insecure about myself, a lot of times I used to ask if what I was doing it was right or wrong, I was worried of what people thought or said about me, and now this year I’m doing what I think is right to me, if is right, well great and if it’s not, work on it, try to mend it and learn from it,” Reyes said.A new age is starting, new challenges, new experiences, and new memories. “You are starting something new, something that you are doing for yourself,” Reyes said.

Questions

1. How do you feel to leave this school after been here for 4 years?

More than everything, it brings a lot of nostalgia, it’s the first time that I had been in the same school for a long time, and leaving high school is very different because you are starting something new, something that you are doing for yourself.

2. What was the best part of this year and why?

A lot of things, to be honest but moreover than all, I’m happy that everything proceed how I hoped.

3. If you could change something about this 4 years of school, what would it be?

That I could started to play since the beginning, something that I would liked very much

4. Do you regret something that you didn’t do in your senior year?

I regret that I didn’t went to the cardiologist knowing that since I was a child I was sick, so this year that is the most important it affected me.

5. How did the incident changed your plans for future?

As you know, sadly I couldn’t play with the baseball team in my senior year.

6. In what way did you felt the support of the people around you through this situation?

I did not just receive support from my friends of school, moreover I received support even from friends that they are not in this school, and when I came back I notice the difference that all were supporting me in all moment.

7. What are your plans after graduation?

I already have a lot of games coming after school, I also going to travel to Colombia, and also I’m going to Panama on October, yet I was planning to go to college on August, then I would leave school for a year to focus in sports, and see if all works finely

8. Do you feel different comparing yourself when you was freshman as now that you are senior?

When I was freshman I was really insecure about myself, a lot of times I used to ask if what I was doing it was right or wrong, I was worried of what people was thinking or saying about me, and now this year I’m doing what I think is right to me, if is right, well great and if it’s not, work on it and try to mend it and learn from it.

9. Imagine your ‘you’ as freshman is in front of you, what would you say to him?

I will tell him that from the beginning of the school, you should and have to work very hard in a lot, because in this year I was struggling with some classes, with some STAAR exams, and a few little things more.