Boys With Long Hair

Briana Guzman, Writer

It is pretty common for girls to have long hair, but have you seen guys have long hair? In Bowie High School, we have a handful of guys with long hair, one of them being Moises Vasquez, 12. Since Moises likes to save money and likes how his hair changes his appearance, that’s why he likes to have long hair.

“In my opinion, the fact that it changes your whole look and I get to save money,” Vasquez says. 

For Moises, he likes to have his curly hair naturally down but it can also bother him because it gets in his eyes.

“It gets in my eye and pokes my eyes and it doesn’t let me see and I like to wear my hair just down,” Vasquez said.

When it comes to Damien Gariby, 12, he likes to have his long hair because he gets to be creative and he gets to do whatever he wants with it. 

The best part about having long hair is that I can do whatever I want with it you don’t have to stick to one,” Gariby said.

He does not like it when people want to touch his hair and he hates it when it gets in his eyes.

“No because it’s my hair and I don’t like people touching me and because it gets in my eyes and it doesn’t let me see,” Gariby said.

Sebastian Salazar, 12, loves having his long hair because it gives him a nostalgia.

“I do really like having long hair because it is nostalgic and because I had pretty long hair for a baby and it was just something I got used to,” Salazar said.

Sebastian does not like it when people try and touch his hair because it gets dirty.

“No because it gets dirty and they get gunk in my hair and there is oils in their hands so it messes up my hair,” Salazar said.

Dylan Rios,  11th

“I haven’t cut my hair because I want it longer and it is soft. To be honest, the only way I take care of it is using shampoo and that’s it. I don’t have a favorite hairstyle, I just have it down or to the back so it won’t bother me. I like having my hair long but at the same time I don’t, I like having it long but it can be annoying sometimes.”

Leonardo Rosales, 12th

I haven’t cut my hair because I love my hair and because one my favorite actors has it like me. I just use shampoo to take care of it, nothing else. One of my favorite hairstyles is having it in a ponytail because its not all in my face. I love having long hair because I feel like my head and my hair have a balance because I feel like I have a big head and having long hair balances it. “

Marcos Adame, 12th

“I haven’t cut my hair because i like how it looks and how it frames my face. I take care of it by just washing it everyday, it’s a 2 in 1 product. I don’t have a favorite one but what I always do is a man bun. I like having my long hair because it was something that me and brother came up with so we just did it.”

Jorge Barajas, 10th

I haven’t cut my hair because I like the curls that I have. I just use shampoo and conditioner, it’s a 2 in 1 product. I don’t have a favorite hairstyle, I just like to wear my hair down because I’m too lazy to do anything else. I do like having long hair because I think it looks pretty.”

Bryan Castanos, 12th

I haven’t cut it because I like having it long and I like how I look with it. I just wash my hair with shampoo and brush it. The only hairstyle I like is a man bun. I do like my long hair because I find it easier and I save up money.”