Students With Different Hair Color

Arendy Monreal, Writer

We all want to know what goes through a persons mind when they decide to dye their hair a color no one is used to seeing. Luckily, we have students here at Bowie who have their hair a different color than the rest of us, here is what they had to say:

Monserrat de Anda, 12.

I decided to color my hair because I feel my face changes a lot whenever I choose a different color, and also I like to experience different looks. I love how it looks but I think I want to change my hair color once more. I took that photo in my bedroom. I was wishing it didn’t come out terrible because I go to school and everyone would see it ugly, so I was a bit nervous of changing my hair.”

Arendy Monreal, 12.

I wanted to do something for myself because every-time I change something from my aspect, I feel like I have a new beginning, like a new me, kinda. I was feeling nervous and happy because it was my first time changing my hair color so I didn’t really know how it was going to come out. This photo was taken at my aunts house for a birthday party my cousin had. I was positive it was going to look nice, and that I wouldn’t regret it, and that outcome came true.”

Britany Meza, 11.

I decided to color it because I wanted a different look and I chose this type of pink because I love light colors. I felt different, like if I was another person.  The photo was taken at San Juan de los Lagos church, I was about to get my confirmation. I thought to myself that I was going to look pretty with my hair changed.”

Andrew Gallardo, 12.

I decided I wanted to do this to my hair because I wanted a new look from my previous years, so I chose platinum because it’s one of my favorite colors. I felt different at first, but now I got used to it and i feel normal again. I was doubting myself, I didn’t know how I would look, I didn’t know if it was going to look cool or not.”

Cristal Medina,12.

I decided to paint my hair two different colors because they are my favorite colors. I feel happy of the decision I made, I’m excited, I feel different. In this photo I was at my bathroom because there is good lightning there. I wasn’t really thinking of anything, it was 3 am when I told my friend if she could dye my hair.”

Areli Gaytan, 12.

“I wanted a change and I chose red because It was the first idea that came to my head. I loved the outcome, I was vey happy that it came out good at the end. It was the best choice I made because I didn’t like my natural hair anymore, I feel like I needed a change.”

Raul Sarabia, 12.

“I decide to change my color because the entire team decided to dye their hair because it’s a tradition when we go play playoffs. I was feeling happy because we have not gone to play offs since 2015, I was more focus on baseball than how I would look. Like I said, I wasn’t focusing on how I would, I was thinking more about how it was going to be an exciting game for us students and also the coaches.”