Security Cams

Students Point of View

Mildred Pacheco, 12 said that she feels better and secure with all the security they added this year.

“I feel more comfortable and protected with the new cameras,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco said it is safer for her to be around of cameras.

“I feel more safe and secure,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco thinks it is better to have more cameras around the school.

“It is better to have more cameras in order to notice a bad behavior from a student,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco said that it doesn’t bother her to be seen by many cameras.

“It does not bother me at all, I haven’t really noticed it that they added more cameras,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco says that in other schools they have the same amount of cameras as Bowie.

“I believe other schools have the same amount of cameras as we do,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco said that all the students have improved since they added more cameras.

“I think that all students are the same here in school and we all have improved,” Pacheco 12, said.

Pacheco thinks they did well by adding more cameras and security to the school.

I absolutely think they did the right thing because it is for our own secure and good,” Pacheco 12, said.

Teachers Point of View

Mr. Hernandez said that cameras are good for the school.

“I think cameras are a pretty good idea, it helps to know who goes in and out of the building without officers or security knowledge,” Mr. Hernandez, said.

Mr. Hernandez said he doesn’t feel any safer but it is good for the students and the school.

“I don’t really feel safer but it does help. I the same with or without cameras,” Mr. Hernandez, said.

Mr. Hernandez said that students are the same and act the same with cameras.

“I would say students act the same with or without cameras,” Mr. Hernandez, said.

Mr. Hernandez said that having this amount of cameras is fine for the school.

“I think the same amount of cameras we have is fine,” Mr. Hernandez, said.

Mr. Hernandez doesn’t think that the cameras help with the attendance.

“No, it won’t help with attendance, students will ditch with or without the cameras,” Mr. Hernandez, said.

Mr. Hernandez said that only one time it affected or assisted his class.

“Once, but I don’t think it has really assisted in my classroom,” Mr. Hernandez said.

Mr. Hernandez thinks that students dedicate the same amount as having cameras or not.

It’s the same as if we didn’t have cameras,” Mr. Hernandez said.

Officer Pullidos Point of View

Officer Efren Pullido said that the purpose is to prevent students from doing bad things.

“The purpose to prevent crime; some students are graffiting or disrupting other classes,” Officer Pullido said.

Officer Pullido said that the purpose for the security is for all of us in school.

“The main purpose is for the security of students and staff,” Officer Pullido, said.

Officer Pullido said that he’s always checking cameras to help students and stuff by not letting anyone in that doesn’t come to Bowie.

“I check cameras to make sure non-bowie students enter the campus,” Officer Pullido, said.

Officer Pullio said that the cameras and the security make Bowie safer.

“It makes it better for the security and safer for everyone in the school,” Officer Pullido, said.

Officer Pullido said that there has been fewer fights and less trouble from last semester.

“Now it’s more secure and had fewer fights than last semester,” Officer Pullido, said.

Officer Pullido said that he work in teams so that everyone can identify a problem.

“Yes, we do work together to identify any criminal activities or offends in the school campus,” Officer Pullido, said.

Officer Pullido said that the k9 doesn’t intimidate anyone because it is for our own good.

“I don’t think it intimidates and doesn’t want to feel it intimidates the students and the dog is to help for the security,” Officer Pullido, said.